DTU Compute invites applications for a 3-year PhD position in LEGO project which is anticipated to start in Sep. 2016. The project is funded together by the Manufacturing Academy of Denmark (MADE) and DTU.
About LEGO Project:
The Statistics and Data Analysis section is looking for a PhD candidate in the area of statistical data analysis for large datasets collected from manufacturing processes. The project involves close teamwork with the LEGO Group and the Department of Mechanical Engineering of DTU.
- PhD candidate should have master’s degree in engineering science/natural science or equivalent.
- Candidates should have a strong background in statistical analysis/mathematical modeling/computing.
- Candidates with practical exposure with large datasets and machine learning methods will be preferred and highly encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with statistical software packages and proficient coding skills will be required.
- Fluency in English must be good (speaking and writing) with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Approval and Enrolment
- Scholarship for the doctoral degree is subjected to academic approval, and the candidate will be registered in the ITMAN Graduate School Program of DTU Compute.
Application Procedure and Requirements:
- Applications must be submitted in English as one *pdf file
- Applications must include: letter of motivation, Resume, certificates of M.Sc. or M. Eng. degree, Course and grade list of bachelor and master degrees
- An example technical text written by candidate in English such as a report prepared for a course, a consulting project, or a published peer-reviewed scientific article.
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Natural Science|
|Fellowship amount||According to Danish rules|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 June 2016|
For info on project contact: Associate Professor Murat Kulahci, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Details: Click