Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship in association with Cardiff University as the host organization invites researchers to submit an expression of interest. Early Career Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven record of research. Fellowships can be held at universities or at other institutions of higher education in the UK.
Number of fellowships: Approx. 100.
- The Trust will contribute 50% of each Fellow’s total salary costs up to a maximum of £25,000 per annum and the balance is to be paid by the host institution.
- Each fellow may request annual research expenses of up to £6,000 to further his or her research activities.
Duration: 3 years on a full-time basis; fellowships must start between 1 September 2021 and 1 May 2022.
- Applicants must not yet have held a full-time permanent academic post in a UK university or comparable UK institution, nor may Fellows hold such a post concurrently with the Early Career Fellowship.
- Applicant must hold PhD or have equivalent research experience by the time they take up the Fellowship.
- Applications are invited from those PhD holders who submitted their theses for viva voce examination not more than 4 years prior to the application closing date.
- Applicants must either hold a degree from a UK higher education institution at the time of taking up the Fellowship or at the time of the application deadline must hold an academic position in the UK (e.g. fixed-term lectureship, fellowship) for which the contract duration at the time of appointment was no less than 9 months.
- A candidate may submit only one application per year.
- Previously unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
- Candidates may not apply for both an Early Career Fellowship and a Study Abroad Studentship in the same year.
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||£25,000 per annum|
|Deadline||28 February 2019|