The scholarship was established by the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies to support students to pursue the degree of BA (Hons) in Linguistics at Victoria University of Wellington. One scholarship will be awarded for 2018.
- Scholarship is open to all students who will be enrolled full-time in the degree of BA (Hons) in Linguistics.
- Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit. The minimum level of academic attainment expected of successful applicants is a grade average of at least A- in 40 points at 300 levels in the subject to be pursued at Honours.
- Scholarship may not be held together with a Victoria Graduate Award.
- Scholarship awardees will be selected by a panel consisting of the Head of the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, selected senior colleagues from the School, and a representative of the University Scholarships Committee.
- Offer of a scholarship will be cancelled in case the awardee has not accepted the scholarship in writing within 4 weeks of receipt of the official offer of the scholarship.
- The terms and conditions of the scholarship may be altered or relaxed in special situations to avoid hardship to any candidate for the scholarship.
Total number of awards: 1 scholarship is available annually
Scholarship amount: Tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,000.
Duration of award: Scholarships shall be for one year.
Closing date for applications: 30 November (every year)
How to apply:
- Before last date of application, applicants will be asked to complete all documentation included on the application form. CV with detailed academic achievements to be attached.
- Decision makers: Head of the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, selected senior colleagues from the School, and a representative of the University Scholarships Office.
|Organization||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Subject areas||Language, Linguistics|
|Eligibility||Open to international applicants|
|Deadline||30 November (yearly)|
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 5557