Link Foundation Energy Program
In an effort to promote education and innovation in the area of public production and utilization of energy, the Link Foundation invites applications for 2 years fellowships for scholars working toward a Ph.D. degree.
- The candidate must be working toward a PhD in an academic institution. (Please note that the applicant must be already enrolled in a PhD program.)
- No restrictions have been placed on citizenship.
- Fellowships are only tenable at Canadian Universities and US.
The award consists of a two-year fellowship of $28,500 per annum for two years (total of $57,000). Funding for year 2 is dependent upon satisfactory progress in year 1.
Charges not considered legitimate (as examples) include: tuition, summer salary or other compensation for the research director, pooled or overhead costs, and salary for support staff (e.g., secretarial or clerical help). Selected candidates will be required to prepare a formal report describing their activities due by September 1 following the expiration of the fellowship.
How to apply
Applications should consist of:
- A completed cover letter (PDF).
- A 500-word description of the project that indicates the candidate’s research in context of recent activities in the field.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from PhD supervisor.
Where To Submit
Applicants should be sent applications for the Link Foundation fellowships in the energy area to:
Dr. Lee R. Lynd
Manager, Link Foundation Energy Programs
Thayer School of Engineering
Hanover, NH 03755
Received applications will be evaluated by a panel of experts in the energy field on the basis of following criteria.
- If the project is innovative/ technically sound and does it offer potential for significant impacts on societal energy supply and utilization?
- The candidate’s academic and research record must be important criteria.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a well-defined thesis direction but who still have sufficient time remaining working toward their PhD that receipt of a Link Foundation Fellowship could make a difference.
The Link Foundation provides equal opportunity in admissions and student aid regardless of sex, age, race, color, handicap, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin. The Link Foundation complies with all nondiscrimination laws.
Deadline: December 1, 2018
|Country||US and Canada|
|Subject areas||Energy Production & utilization|
|Salary||$28,500 per annum|
|Eligibility||Enrolled in PhD|
|Deadline||December 1, 2018|
For Further Information: CLICK
- Name of Organisation Field Value