Lund University; PhD in Immunology
Lund University offers a PhD position in Immunology at Faculty of Medicine, Department of Experimental Medical Science. Aim of the project is to defining the role of the dendritic cell subsets in the induction of antibody responses in mucosal tissues. Various transgenic mouse lines and various immunological methods will be used to understand the requirements for optimal IgA secretion at the gut wall. This has applications in infectious diseases, vaccinology, and allergology. Besides research, the candidate will be asked fulfill few teaching duties, general lab related duties and engage in ongoing seminar series on the floor.
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree in molecular biology or similar.
- Some exposure to cellular immunology is required.
- Skills in FlowJo and GraphPad Prism is required, and the candidate should hold a FELASA B.
- Hands-on experience with multidimensional flow cytometry, ELISAs and mouse dissection are desired.
- Students with basic eligibility for IIIrd cycle studies are those who have completed IInd cycle degree have completed courses of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are from IInd cycle courses, or have acquired largely equivalent knowledge in some other way, in Sweden or abroad.
Type of employment: Limit of tenure, 4 years according to HF 5 kap 7.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Molecular Biology, Life Sciences, Biology, Immunology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||20 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click
- Name of Organisation Field Value