The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, has launched a new grant opportunity, the M K BHAN – YOUNG RESEARCHER FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME (MKB-YRFP), with an aim to encourage young bright researchers to continue their research in the country after PhD. The scheme is to offer an independent research grant to young Post-Doctoral Fellows, so as to enable them to emerge as future leaders and take up cutting edge research focused on issues of national relevance. This fellowship will be awarded for Research work to be carried out at DBT-Autonomous Institutes only.
About the Fellowship:
- To provide attractive opportunities to young researchers for developing them as independent investigators.
- This will enable young researchers to pursue their research interests within the country and also develop a critical mass of trained scientists for the country’s research institutions, universities and major new initiative.
- The applicant should be Indian National and possess a PhD in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/allied areas.
- Applicant should not be holding a permanent position in any institute/university.
- The applicant should have an excellent track record as evident by peer reviewed publications, technologies developed, patent (if any). Those who have submitted their Ph.D. are also eligible to apply; however, fellowship can be implemented only after award of the degree. Applicant should not take-up fellowship at the Institute where he/she has done his/her Ph.D.
- Each applicant must identify a host institute and a mentor.
- The upper age limit will be 35 years as on the closing date of the submission of the application.
- Applicants cannot have more than one fellowship at a given point of time.
- The application has to be routed through a host institute (DBT Autonomous Institute) chosen by the applicant to take up the fellowship and has to be signed by both, the mentor and head of the institution.
- In case a fellow is offered a permanent job, he/she can avail only either the fellowship or the salary.
- The fellowship is co-terminus with the project duration.
Duration: 03 years and in exceptional cases the duration could be extended by another two years on a fresh appraisal.
How to apply:
- Eligible applicants should submit application as per prescribed proforma to DBT duly forwarded by the Host Institute where they intend to take up fellowship.
|Organization||Department of Biotechnology (DBT)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences/ Biotechnology|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31st December 2020|