The Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (AIPT) at Aston University is inviting applications for a prestigious three year postgraduate position as Early Stage Researcher (ESR) within the European Training Network project MEFISTA. The project is supported through the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA).
About the project:
- MEFISTA – Multi-scale fibre-based optical frequency combs: science, technology and applications – is a European Training Network consortium of high profile universities in the United Kingdom, Barcelona, France and Switzerland.
- Application is open to candidate with exceptional skills in theoretical and experimental physics, applied mathematics, or electrical engineering.
- Preferred skill requirements include experience in experimental work, knowledge of scientific programming and computing, physical optics, communications.
- Knowledge in theory of differential equations, mathematical physics, and numerical analysis is an asset.
- Applicant should have an outstanding B.Sc. (first class or upper second class honours degree) or equivalent qualification in physics or engineering.
- Applicants holding a Master of Science degree (or expected to be awarded one soon) in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent, are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries, it is necessary to have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the British Council IELTS test (taken no more than two years before the start date of your course).
- Applicants must be Early Stage Researchers (ESR), i.e. be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers, and not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the UK for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the first day of MEFISTA employment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
How to apply:
Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||02 September 2020|