PhD Research fellowship is available in Marine Geology/Ecology at Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo. The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
About the Project:
The goals of the Marine Geology/Ecology project are to:
- characterize and quantify temporal (past few hundred years) organic carbon accumulation rates and associated benthic foraminifera in fjord sediments along the Norwegian coastline
- test recently developed methodologies for defining ecological reference conditions in northern Norwegian fjord settings
The scholar will attend cruises, collect sediment cores for stratigraphical or paleoecological as well as present-day ecological analyses and perform experiments to test carbon uptake by benthic foraminifera.
- Applicants must have Master’s degree or equivalent in a natural science discipline relevant to the project work.
- Familiarity of some or all of the following subjects will be beneficial: Benthic foraminifera, (paleo) ecology, geochemistry, stable isotopes, geochronology, and statistical analysis.
- Excellent command of English is required of all students attending the University of Oslo.
- Experience with scientific publication in English will be advantageous.
The fellowship needs admission to the doctoral program at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the doctoral program must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
Salary: Position code 1017, Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700/year)
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (mentioning education, positions and academic work & scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, grade transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work which applicant wants to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (with name, relation to applicant, e-mail id & phone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Natural Science, Ecology, Marine Geology|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
|Deadline||1 August 2016|
For Further Details: Click