The University of Toronto invites applications for Martha LA McCain Postdoctoral Fellowship for 2019-20 academic year at the Mark S. Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies.
Duration: 01 year, with the possibility of an additional one-year renewal
About the fellowship:
- The fellowship aims to support junior scholars pursuing research in sexuality studies, LGBTQ2+ studies, and other intersecting fields of critical inquiry on sexuality.
- The search committee welcomes proposals that span disciplinary boundaries.
- Applicants from all fields of the humanities and the social sciences are encouraged to apply.
- The successful applicant is expected to be in residence in the Greater Toronto Area during the period of their award and will join the faculty and students who make up our intellectual community and participate in the Centre’s day-to-day activities.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow will offer one undergraduate class for the Sexual Diversity Studies program and, at some point during the period of their award, deliver at least one public lecture that highlights their work.
- The successful candidate will receive a combined research and teaching stipend of $56,000, plus benefits, to support themselves for the duration of their fellowship.
- Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. within a maximum of 3 years before the appointment date (August 1, 2019).
- The fellowship is open to non-Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- All application materials to be submitted via email to The Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) including:
- Cover letter
- Research project outline
- Writing sample
- 03 confidential letters of reference (submitted directly by the referees via email).
- At least one of the reference letters should speak to the applicant’s teaching experience and ability.
|Organization||University of Toronto|
|Subject areas||Humanities, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||25 February 2019|