Master Thesis / Internship: Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute
Master Thesis / Internship in the field of Molecular Biology at the Structural and Cell Biology Chemistry Complex Systems, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems
The Department of Bioprocess Engineering at the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems in Magdeburg is looking for a master’s student (m/f/d) in the field of molecular biology.
Research Topic / Theme
The topic of the work is:
“Respiratory syncytial virus replication: Inhibition by Influenza A virus defective interfering particles”
In this project, the laboratory aims to perform co-infection studies with IAV DIPs and RSV to explore the use of IAV DIPs for antiviral therapy. A broad spectrum of approaches can be learned (cell culture, virus production, virus quantification (for ex., plaque assay, real-time RT-qPCR), protein quantification (ELISA), immunofluorescence staining.
The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and laboratory equipment at our Max Planck Institute in an international group of researchers.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Master student in molecular biology, molecular medicine, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, life science, or related fields
- Lab experience with sterile cell culture, ideally in the following domains: mammalian cell culture, qPCR, plaque assay
- Motivation, curiosity, and teamwork skills
- Good scientific English level
- The applications will be made online.
- Send your CV, reference letters, a motivation letter, and the list of attended courses with your grades (university and high school) to the contact.
|Max Planck Institute
|Life Sciences: Biotechnology Molecular Biology, Molecular Medicine, Biochemistry, Genetics
|As per EU norms
|Open to all nationalities
|Open until filled