Research scholarships at the RMIT University: RMIT offers a variety of research scholarships to support candidates to pursue excellence in their research while furthering their academic and career goals.
Type of Fellowships
Scholarship rounds / Key Dates
- The next available scholarship round will open for application in June – July.
- All applications for this round must be submitted by 5pm AEST on Tuesday 31 October 2020.
- Successful applicants are generally required to commence in the first quarter of 2021.
There are two basic types of scholarship that are made available through the research scholarship rounds. These are:
1. Stipend scholarships
- RTP Stipend Scholarship (RSS)
- RMIT Research Stipend Scholarship (RRSS)
2. International tuition fee scholarships
- RTP International Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS)
- RMIT International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS)
Note: Applications from international candidates are automatically considered for both a stipend and the Tuition / Fee Offset Scholarships.
Additionally applicants in the main round may apply to be considered for:
- Vice Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship (VCPS)
available to commencing international and domestic applicants
When applying for a scholarship you will automatically be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible. You do not need to submit separate applications.
Centers / Research Areas
- Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry (CAMIC)
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Art, Society and Transformation
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Education, Training and Work in the Asian Century
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation (EnSuRe)
- Centre for Game Design Research
- Centre for Global Research
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Integrated Project Solutions
- Centre for Materials Innovation and Future Fashion (CMIFF)
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for People, Organisation and Work
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre (DERC)
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment
- Science, Health and Engineering Educational Research (SHEER) Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
- The Centre for Design Practice Research (d__Lab)
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools (WETT) Research Centre
|Fellowship Level||Doctoral, Masters|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|