The group of Prof. Xile Hu has a postdoc opening in the field of Biocatalysis, Li ion battery and fuel cell at EPFL, Switzerland (http://lsci.epfl.ch ). Publications in high-level scientific journals are expected. Openings would be in the following areas by Fall 2020.
Area 1: Biocatalysis.
- We are interested in developing artificial enzymes incorporating synthetic cofactors for mechanistic and synthetic applications. A recent example is the synthesis of the first Mn-hydrogenase with a non-native metal cofactor.
- We are interested in using enzymes, sometimes in tandem with chemical catalysis, for efficient organic synthesis.
- We seek to identify and apply appropriate combinations of enzymes for target organic synthesis, using tools of bioinformatics and metabolic engineering.
The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in enzyme or bio-organic chemistry. Experience with protein purification and biocatalysis is desired. The project is ideal for biochemists who wish to learn molecular catalysis. The project may involve intense collaborations with biologists or chemical engineers.
Area 2: Li ion battery.
- We have a project to leverage our methods and expertise in electrocatalysis for research in Li ion batteries. We are looking for a postdoc who will set up this program in our lab.
- The candidate is expected to build infrastructure and prototype testing devices for state of the art Li ion batteries, as well as developing new strategies to improve them. Experience with Li ion batteries is required.
Area 3: Anion exchange membrane fuel cell.
- We have developed novel catalysts and membranes for AEM fuel cells. Now we wish to combine our advances in different fields and develop efficient AEM fuel cells.
- We are looking for a postdoc who will bring prototyping and fuel cell engineering to our lab. The successful candidate will additionally participate in cutting edge research in electrocatalysis.
- Experience with AEM fuel cells is required.
For all applications, please send your application to Prof. Hu via email@example.com.
- a CV,
- research interest,
- and names of two reference providers.
Due to time constraint, we will only reply to those who will be further considered for on-site interviews (paid by us, available to international applicants too). If you do not hear from me within 2 weeks of initial application, please assume that you application is declined.
- Total Jobs 23 Jobs
- Address Switzerland