The Humanities Division and the Faculty of Theology and Religion at University of Oxford invite applications for McDonald Postdoctoral Fellow in Christian Ethics and Public Life to be based at the McDonald Centre for Theology, Ethics, and Public Life. The post is designed to develop the career of a highly promising junior scholar and will provide the opportunity to undertake research and teaching in Christian ethics/moral theology.
Remunerations: Grade 7; £31,604 – £38,833 with a discretionary range to £42,418 p.a.
Duration: 5 years; fixed-term
Starting date: 1 October 2018
- Selected candidate will be required to compose and pursue a coherent personal research agenda within the field of Christian ethics, and to publish the results.
- Selected candidate will also contribute to teaching in the area and will support the Director in administering and developing the McDonald Centre.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Christian ethics/moral philosophy or in a closely related discipline
- Applicant must demonstrate the potential for producing distinguished research.
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to teach undergraduates to a high standard.
- Applicant must demonstrate efficiency in administration and competence in managing a website is highly desirable.
- Applicant must have evident record of successful publication and of academic initiative and collaborative work.
How to apply:
- Apply online. With the application upload following documents in pdf form:
- Supporting statement; explain how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks (such as time out to care for dependants).
- Research Proposal (500-words)
- Supporting statement must
|Organization||University of Oxford|
|Subject areas||Theology, Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||£31,604 – £38,833|
|Deadline||8 December 2017|