McGill University invites applications to award 2 Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships in the year 2019-2020 in the Humanities.
Duration: 2 year (maximum; non-renewable
- annual salary of $52,000 CAD
- employee benefits program
- annual research allowance: $8,500
- up to $2,500 per year to invite a visiting speaker
- Relocation expenses: up to $1,000 (reimbursed)
- teaching salary: approx. $8,220 per course
- To conduct active research in field of expertise while in residence at McGill, with the goal of obtaining the best possible academic position post-fellowship.
Starting date: August 1, 2019 till July 31, 2021
- Applicant must have received PhD after June 2016 or who will have completed all PhD degree requirements by June 1, 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who do not have their PhD in hand at the time of application must include a letter from their Department Chair specifying the date of their dissertation defense.
- Successful applicants who do not complete all requirements for their PhD by June 1, 2019 will have their offer of award withdrawn.
- Applicants must secure support from a full-time McGill faculty member in one of the Eligible Departments, who will act as their immediate supervisor during their fellowship tenure.
- An application will only be considered if it includes a letter from the faculty member indicating a clear commitment to act as the applicant’s supervisor.
- Applications must be submitted online including the following:
- Statement of interest detailing the proposed research project (1 page)
- Copy of all university graduate transcripts (upload the transcripts; McGill may request that official transcripts be sent at a later date)
- Copy of doctoral diploma, or a letter from your Department Chair specifying the date of your dissertation defense
- Writing sample (max 20 pages)
- 2 letters of recommendation (to be uploaded online by referees);
- A letter of support from the proposed supervisor in the Faculty of Arts at McGill (uploaded online by the supervisor); Please include your proposed McGill supervisor in your list of referees on AJO.
|Fellowship amount||annual salary of $52,000 CAD|
|Deadline||26 November 2018|