The research team Drugs and Molecules for Living Systems, (INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille and University of Lille) is specialized in medicinal chemistry, parallel synthesis, screening and early-ADME (http:\\www.deprezlab.fr).
- Our mission is to discover and select drug candidates.
- We design ligands modulating the effect of target proteins in vitro and then optimize them to be tested in vivo.
We work in collaboration with biotechs, pharmas and academic labs. Several compounds discovered in our laboratory have been tested in animal models and two of them are candidates for preclinical development.
- Postdoctoral positions A 15-month postdoctoral position is available from mid-2020.
- The candidate will join an organic and medicinal chemistry project, supported by an I-site Université Lille Nord Europe grant, that aims at exploring the beyond rule of 5 “possible to be oral” chemical space especially by the synthesis of macrocycles and PROTACs.
- The successful candidate will be recruited in our laboratory that gathers chemists and biologists, who are aiming at the design of new chemical probes and drugs.
- He/She will be in charge for the design, synthesis and analytical characterization of new compounds with optimized activity and ADME parameters.
- He/She will analyze the objectives and propose solutions and participate actively in the experimental work. He/She will have access to our Screening and ADME platforms.
- The candidate will have a PhD in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or chemical biology.
- He/She will have a strong experience in multi-step synthesis and/or parallel synthesis. Experience in macrocycle synthesis will be a plus.
- The candidate will be highly familiar with MS and 1D & 2D NMR.
- A strong knowledge in informatics (Excel, Biovia Draw, bibliographic databases) is required. Knowledge of chemoinformatics (MOE, Pymol) would be appreciated.
- In order to achieve success in the research, the candidate should demonstrate rigor, creativity, initiative, and excellent team work.
Application process: The candidate should send
- a CV,
- a cover letter,
- a brief summary of his/her previous research
- contact information of two/three references as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
- Applications have to be submitted by May 31, 2020.
|Subject||organic and medicinal chemistry|
|Closing date||May 31, 2020|
|Organisation||Université de Lille|