Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships: Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships
The students who plan to undertake research in the field of human rights are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The Human Rights Scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne.
Application will open on 1 July 2018
Course starts: September 2019
Study in: University of Melbourne, Australia
Level of study: Graduate Research Degree Program (Masters/PhD Degree)
Field of Study: Human rights
Number of Awards: 2 scholarships per year.
Target group: Open to all students
Scholarship details: The scholarship benefits include:-
- fortnightly living allowance
- a relocation grant would be given to students moving to Melbourne from within the country or from outside Australia.
- They would also be given limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
Note: the Human Rights Scholarship does not cover tuition fees for international students.
Scholarship Duration: The duration of the scholarship is
- up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree and
- up to 3 years with a possible 6 month extension for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree
Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must –
- meet the entry requirements and have applied for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne
- be currently enrolled at the University of Melbourne in a research degree and have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining
- plan to undertake the graduate research in human rights field and demonstrate it by working beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work)
- not have completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which the scholarship is opted for and
- the applicant must study as a full-time student unless and until there are compassionate or compelling circumstances
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
How to apply: the mode of application is online. Application for both the Graduate Research Scholarships group and the Human Rights Scholarship should be submitted online.
|University of Melbourne|
|Fellowship Level||Masters/PhD degree program by research|
|Subject Areas||Human Rights|
|Fellowship Amount||Does not cover tuition fees but provides other allowances|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
|Deadline||31st October (Yearly)|