The Melbourne-Potsdam PhD Programme is the collaboration between the University of Melbourne (UoM), Australia, the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology (MPI-MP) and the University of Potsdam (UP), Germany.
About the IMPRS-PMPG program:
- The programme is dedicated to international students providing research training opportunity for PhD students.
- The students spend time in Australia and Germany and will have the chance to get a joint PhD from the University of Melbourne and the University of Potsdam.
- Biochemistry and Biology
- Applicant must hold an excellent or very good Master or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline. The MSc must include research for and writing of a graded thesis.
- Applicants must have finished degree and receive final degree certificates and transcripts no later than June 2018, especially for projects starting in Melbourne.
- Applicants must meet the UoM English language requirements for Graduate students at the Faculty of Science.
- Applicants are required to submit English proficiency test results (less than 24 months old) TOEFL or IELTS test.
Duration: 3 years; possibility of 6 months extension
Funding: include a waiver for UoM tuition fees
- Apply online. Attach the following with the applications (pdf format):
- Personal statement of motivation
- Academic degree documents
- English test results
Interviews: The 2-day selection interviews will be held in Potsdam, Germany, at the end of March.
University of Melbourne (UoM), Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology (MPI-MP) and University of Potsdam
|Subject areas||BioSciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Biology|
|Fellowship amount||Tuition fee waiver|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||05 February 2020|