MEOPAR Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards
The purpose of these awards is to bring new postdoctoral fellows into the network to connect them with MEOPAR-funded researchers and HQP. MEOPAR expects to offer up to three Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards of $20,000.
MEOPAR’s four challenge areas: Ocean Observation; Forecasting/Projection; Coastal Resilience; and Marine Operations/Transportation. Refer to MEOPAR’s Strategic Plan for more information.
- Awards will supplement existing funding support awarded to promising new scholars. To be considered for a MEOPAR Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, funding applicants must:
- Receive a base level of financial support ($45,000) from additional sources: home department, supervisor research grants, and/or through government and agency scholarships or awards;
- Demonstrate support from their supervisor for their work and their proposed use of the award funds;
- Participate full‐time in their respective program at a Canadian post-secondary institution that is eligible for Tri-Council funding; and
- Engage in research aligned with the strategic plan of MEOPAR.
- Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before applying. A French translation will be available soon:
Because the purpose of these awards is to bring new postdoctoral fellows into the network, PDFs who are currently supported financially from a MEOPAR research project or Core are ineligible to apply to this competition. Please contact the Training Program Manager, Laura Avery, for questions on eligibility restrictions.
How to Apply
Applications are due by 11:59 PM Pacific Time, June 26, 2020.
|Type of Fellowship||MEOPAR Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|Subjects||Marine environment, Ocean Observation; Ocean Forecasting, Ocean Projection; Coastal Resilience; Marine Operations, Ocean Transportation.|
|Closing date||June 26, 2020.|
|More info||Click here|