Mexican Government Scholarships Program (MGSP) (Merit Awards for International Students) for International Students.
The Mexican Government Scholarships (Academic/Research studies) for eligible international candidates is for those who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or PhD, conducting graduate-level research, or taking part in an undergraduate / graduate-level academic mobility program in Mexico.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. The scholarships of the Mexican Government present two programs: the scholarship for academic studies and the scholarship for special programs.
Eligibility Conditions for MGSP
Requirements for all interested applicants:
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
Selection Criteria for MGSP:
- Academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study.
- The intended field of study in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
- The area of study is important to and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
- The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
Fields of study
Scholarships are for ALL COURSES/ Fields of human endeavor at ALL LEVELS available at participating institutions (EXCEPT the following academic programs – business administration, plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising, and related areas.)
Also, scholarships are not granted for direct Ph.D. programs (combined M.A. and Ph.D. programs), distance learning programs, open or online education.
Number of awards
Not specified, several scholarships will be granted
- The Scholarships are awarded on a yearly basis for a duration of up to:
- Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs: One academic term (quarter, trimester or semester)
- Postgraduate research and postdoctoral fellowships: 1 to 12 months (1 month minimum)
- Specialization studies: 1 year
- Masters degree studies: 2 years
- Ph.D. studies: 3 years
- Medical specialties and sub-specialties: 3 years
The grant includes
- Monthly stipend,
- Registration fees and tuition (as established by the program at each institution),
- Health insurance,
- Round-trip international airfare
|Organization||Mexican Government Scholarships Program: Government of Mexico|
|Fellowship Level||Masters, PhD, Postdoc, Specialties|
|Subject areas||All fields|