Microbial Biotechnology: 2 Postdoc research positions
These positions the field of Microbial Biotechnology are available at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, Department of Biotechnology.
Funding agency: Biotek2021 research program by the Research Council of Norway.
Project: Era-net project “Z-Fuels: A novel bacterial system with integrated micro-bubble distillation for the production of acetaldehyde”
- Develop a process to convert low value waste (e.g. crude glycerol) into valuable biofuel and/or precursor chemical (acetaldehyde) using bacterium Zymomonas mobilis.
Project: Digital Life project “INBioPharm – Integrated Novel Natural Product Discovery and Production Platform”
- To develop an integrated platform for discovery and production of new bioactive compounds with high medical application from natural microbial biodiversity, promoting accelerated innovation in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Hold a PhD in microbial biotechnology or other similar fields,
- Experience in microbial physiology and molecular biology.
- Experience in using mass spectrometry instrumentation and cultivation of microorganisms will serve as strong advantages
Fellowship: according to the Norwegian State salary scale.
Application Procedure: Plz send the following documents for applying to the positions
- Applications with CV,
- Certificates from Bachelor and Master,
- Publications and other scientific works,
- Certified copies of transcripts,
- Certified copies of English language proficiency tests (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- Reference letters (need to be submitted electronically through link on the link below) Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Reference No:NT- 46/16.
Further information contact professor Per Bruheim, E-mail: Per.Bruheim@ntnu.no
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Salary||As per University norms|
|Deadline||Friday 27th May 2016|
- Total Jobs 42 Jobs
- Address Norway