Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) invites applications for MOFA Taiwan Fellowship. The fellowship is established to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Sinology to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
Starting date: January 2023
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- For Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- For Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- Accident insurance
Duration: 3 to 12 months
- Applicant must be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates OR
- Applicant must be doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
- A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology.
- First submit application via online application form and submit the following documents to the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence, as appropriate, for preliminary review:
- Application form
- CV (including a publication list)
- Research proposal (3 pages)
- 02 letters of recommendation, or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute.
|Organization||Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||Varies as per researcher’s level|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 1 to June 30, 2022|
- Name of Organisation Field Value