Postdoc Position in Molecular Cell Biotechnology / “Synthetic Autophagy” is available under the ERC-funded project the laboratory “Molecular Membrane and Organelle Biology” working at the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (Martinsried, Germany).
The Max Planck Society is ranked as Germany’s most successful research organization for many decades. Since its establishment, it has become one of the most prestigious research institutions worldwide.
Key Research areas covered in the project:
- Traditional cell biology (life cell imaging, genome editing)
- Biochemical (protein interactions) approaches
- Subsequent In-vitro reconstitutions of protein machines (on model membranes).
Major Techniques Involved:
- Synthetic biology approaches – production of model membranes including large and giant unilamellar vesicles or supported lipid bilayers,
- Recombinant protein expression,
- Structural biology techniques – atomic force microscopy and electron microscopy.
- Genome editing approaches – biochemistry, advanced light microscopy, cryo-electron microscopy, correlative light and electron microscopy.
- Versatile cellular recycling systems.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- PhD degree in the aforesaid areas
- Experience in cell biology or synthetic or structural biology
The Successful candidates will become members of the young international research team present at the Institute.
Salary: are according to TVöD.
Duration: The project will be ending July 2017.
Contract type: fixed- term contract
How to Apply: Applications must include the following documents-
- Motivation letter,
- Summary of current and past research
- Contact information for 3 referees
The application should be send to email@example.com.
|Organization||Molecular Membrane and Organelle Biology laboratory,
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Cell Molecular Biology|
|Salary||As per University regulations|
Further Link: Click here