The Department of Biogeochemical Integration (BGI) at the Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry invites application for 2 postdoctoral positions in soil and biosphere biogeochemical modelling and evaluation. The BGI conducts research to better understand the manifold interactions between terrestrial biogeochemistry and climate.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in a quantitative natural science like geo-ecology, environmental science, biology, or applied mathematics
- Applicant must have profound knowledge of soil organic matter dynamics; model evaluation, as well as ecosystem modelling, and global biogeochemistry
- Applicant must possess very good programming skills
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to write publications in scientific journals, preferably in the field of soil and plant sciences
- Applicant must have good communication and organisational skills
- Applicant must possess good knowledge of English
- Selected fellows will join the young and international team in a vibrant research environment, encompassing experimental and theoretical work on the role of the biogeochemical cycles of carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in the Earth system.
- The department has established an extensive network of international collaborations in Europe, the U.S. and Australia.
- Applications must include the following:
- Letter of interest
- Names and contact information of 2 references
- Applications to be sent to Dr. Sönke Zaehle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry|
|Subject areas||Microbiology & Ecology, Earth Sciences and Climate Research|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st May 2017|