MRes & PhD: EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Ultra Precision Engineering.
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training Engineering is currently recruiting postgraduate students interested in developing the next generation of ultra precision devices, advanced manufacturing technologies, & ultra high precision manufacturing systems.
Aim: The objective of the program is to
- Train students in advanced ultra high precision techniques and processes,
- High energy laser micro/nano processing; reactive atom plasma processing; focused ion beam machining; printed electronics machine design; nanofabrication; graphene engineering; and advanced metrology systems.
- Manufacturing engineering;
- laser processes;
- materials science;
- control systems; and
- machine design.
Stipend: £20,000pa tax free.
- Any field of science or engineering with a Ist or upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
- Possess an innovative approach to problem solving,
- Well-developed technical skills and the potential to become world leaders in the field of ultra precision.
The programme is structured in two phases:
- One-year taught MRes course in Cambridge and Cranfield University;
- A 3-year PhD research programme at the Cranfield, Cambridge or another UK university through the National Centre Programme of the EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision.
- Full EPSRC funding (currently £14,057 student maintenance per year + fees)
|Organization||EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training Engineering|
|Level||MRes & PhD|
|Subject areas||Science and engineering|
|Salary||£14,057 student maintenance per year + fees|
|Eligibility||Masters / Open to all|