Multiple Permanent Positions: Chemistry (Materials Science) at the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS)
Field or Position: Researcher / Postdoc
Number of Positions: Few positions available
NIMS is recruiting researchers from a wide range of fields on materials science. Researchers from any fields are accepted as long as their research is related to the materials. Applicants may have expertise in either fundamental or applied research. We welcome applicants from outside Japan and applicants who have corporate experience. We are recruiting researchers who can engage in the world-class, next-generation materials research.
1. PhD or expect to receive the degree by the start of employment.
2. Sufficient English language.
3. No person falling under any of the following items shall be eligible for the application:
Salary / Supply / Benefits
1. Salary will be decided based on experience, ability, etc.
2. An annual salary scheme is applied.
3. Allowances (dependent allowance, commuting allowance, housing allowance, etc.) will be provided on conditions.
1. Acquisition of Applicant ID
Applicants need to enter the Applicant ID on the application form and recommendation forms. Obtain the Applicant ID by sending the following email before applying.
2. Application documents
Use the provided curriculum vitae (PDF file) and the application form (Word file).
I. Curriculum Vitae
Enter necessary information in English or Japanese directly into the curriculum vitae file (PDF).
II. Application form
This document is used to examine the knowledge, skills, research abilities, abilities to plan and propose researches, and English communication skills of an applicant.
(1) Research accomplishments
Describe your past research achievements in English within four pages of A4 size papers.
(2) Research Plan at NIMS
Describe plans of a research you want to do at NIMS (a short-term research plan and a mid- to long-term research plan) in English within two pages of A4 size papers.
(3) List of publications
Clearly categorize as original papers, proceedings, review papers, invited presentations, patents, and books in the sequence of publication from new to old with serial numbers assigned.
III. PDF copies of no more than three representative papers
Submit representative papers (within three papers) of yours in PDF format. You may add supplementary data to the papers. In such cases, prepare PDF files by combining the paper and the supplementary data to submit.
3. Letters of recommendation
Please arrange for two recommenders.
- Application document (Curriculum Vitae, Application Form, PDF copies of representative papers):
- The size of attached documents must be no more than 20MB.
- Letter of recommendation
- Application documents and letters of recommendation should be sent by email.
Deadline: Application documents and letters of recommendation must reach us no later than June 20, 2018.
|Organization||NIMS: National Institute for Materials Science|
|Fellowship Level||Multiple Permanent Positions|
|Subject Areas||Chemistry (Materials Science)|
|Fellowship Amount||As per NIMS norms|
|Eligibility||Open for all|
- Name of Organisation Field Value