The Department of Plant & Environmental Sciences, Section of Plant Glycobiology, University of Copenhagen has open postdoc positions associated with the Plant Cell Biology group (Prof. Staffan Persson).
About the position:
- The work aims to understand how certain proteins impact cell wall structures. The research will range from understanding protein regulation visavi function, visualization of protein activities in vivo and in vitro, analysing cell wall characteristcs, producing cell wall fragments, and elucidate how cell wall synthesis is coordinated with cytoskeletal activities.
- The work involves highly cross-disciplinary team that includes the full range of microscopy, proteomics, glycomics, biochemistry and molecular biology.
- It is expected that candidates have a foundation in at least one of the areas of molecular & cell biology, biochemistry or biophysics.
- The positions are open from 1st of July, 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Practical experience in either, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Proteomics, Biophysics or Biochemistry
- Excellent English communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Apply online (in English) and include the following:
- Curriculum vita
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and possible future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Subject areas||Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||14 February 2020|