Nanomaterial Synthesis in project Two Dimensional Nanomaterial Synthesis & Fabrication Control is looking for a PhD student in one of its laboratory – Nanoscience for Energy Technology & Sustainability. Research area of the group is concerns to science and engineering at nanoscale level for applications in energy technology and clean technology. This research course is designed to explore exhilarating nanoscience and new nanomaterials.
Nanomaterial synthesis have seen an exceptional shift in last few years. From zero dimensional nanoparticles and quantum dots to 1D nanowires and nanotubes, to 2D material driven by the appearance of graphene. Current advances in nanoscale characterization and device fabrication have opened up novel opportunities for 2D materials in electronics applications. An upcoming 2D semiconductor material to this area is TMDC (transition metal dichalcogenides).
Nanomaterial Synthesis & Fabrication Control project’s Qualifications and Requirements:
- Highly motivated aspirant with a zeal to work on the synthesis and fabrication control of the 2D semiconductor nanomaterial.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Chemistry/ or Nanotechnology related area is required.
- Some understanding in synthesis of semiconductor material, 2-dimensional materials, or carbon nano-materials will be added skill. Some experience in chemical vapor deposition of nanomaterials synthesis, SEM/TEM/Raman/AFM/PL experimental characterization.
- Candidate shall have some experience or taken courses in nano-science and/or nano-engineering.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously and also communicate well in English with contemporaries from various disciplines.
- Candidate shall have good understanding and writing scientific articles in English.
Application Procedure: Applications must contain the following;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Employment certificates (if any)
- Degree Transcripts (Bachelor’s. and Master’s)
- Motivation statement (not more than two pages) should include candidate’s research interests and inspiration for doing a PhD in the interdisciplinary field of nanoscience.
|Subject areas||Nanotechnology, Engineering, Chemistry|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
Ms. Eunjeong Gross
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications to be submitted online strictly)
For Further Details: Click