Lund University is inviting applications for a Postdoc Researcher position. NanoMAX is a nanoprobe beamline designed to take full advantage of MAX IV’s exceptionally low emittance and the resulting coherence properties of the X-ray beam.
- The successful candidate will join the team at NanoMAX and contribute to the daily operation.
- The postdoc candidate will use and help develop state-of-the-art nanoprobe methods involving scanning coherent x-ray diffraction, and be involved in implementing, testing and developing more advanced analysis routines for these experiments and support users in need of these tools.
- Finally, candidate will have the chance to present your work at national and international scientific meetings, have the opportunity for your own scientific research at NanoMAX and develop collaborations with other beamlines, method experts, and expert users in both academia and industry.
- PhD in relevant field (Physics, Chemistry, Applied mathematics, or Engineering).
- Several year’s experience with coherent x-ray imaging, diffraction and/or phase retrieval methods; advanced X-ray data analysis.
- Scientific computer programming skills, with demonstrated experience in python.
- Solid mathematical background.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and interact with a diverse group of scientists and technical staff in a dynamic environment, and bringing projects to a successful close through eg. papers, patents etc.
- Experience of Nanoscale characterization; collaborative software development for scientific applications.
How to apply:
- apply online
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 May 2021|