15 PHD positions in Nanotechnology: Nanotrans Training Network
NANOTRANS (Transport of Soft Matter at the Nanoscale) is the new Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network. It involves 10 universities and research organizations, as well as 2 industrial companies across the Europe.
The scientific aim of the NANOTRANS is to obtain:
- Fundamental understanding of the transport of fluids and colloids at the nanoscale level.
- Using of multiscale modelling approaches
- State of the art experimental techniques to address a broad range of topics in phoretic flow, nanofluidics, electrokinetics, polymer flow and liquid crystal.
No of ESR grants Available: Fifteen (15)
About the position: An ESR (Early Stage Researcher) position is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship for postgraduate research (Masterd) and usually includes studies towards a PhD degree
What we Offer:
- These are prestigious and highly competitive positions.
- 000 € and 55.000 € p.a., depending on the country and personal circumstances
- Motivated students with a solid background in science.
- The candidate should be within first 4 years of their research career
- Should not have resided in host country of employment for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
The partner institutions with scientists in charge and indicative areas of study are:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford: Susan Perkin
- University Pierre and Marie Curie and CNRS, Paris: Marie Jardat, Benjamin Rotenberg
- University Paris-Sud and CNRS: Emmanuel Trizac
- Ecole Normale Supérieure and CNRS, Paris: Lyderic Bocquet
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz: Marialore Sulpizi, Friederike Schmid
- Free University Berlin: Roland Netz
- University of Vienna: Christos N. Likos
- Forschungszentrum Jülich: Gerhard Gompper, Roland Winkler
- University of Barcelona: Ignacio Pagonabarraga, Francesc Sagues
- CORDOUAN TECHNOLOGIES, Bordeaux: David Jacob
- UNILEVER, Vlaardingen and Port Sunlight: Krassimir P. Velikov, Patrick Warren
Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network
|Salary||Comensurate with the country norms|
|Eligibility||Masters in releavnt disciplines|
For general enquiries, please contact:
Jure Dobnikar or Benjamin Rotenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)