National Science Centre (NCN), POLONEZ is a financial support program addressed to incoming researchers of any nationality who may apply for 12 or 24 month fellowships in host institutions in Poland. This is the grant offered to cover the costs of the proposed research. The researchers are also given an opportunity to participate in a variety of research and non-research training programs provided by the NCN and the host institution.
National Science Centre; Eligibility for applicants
• PhD degree or min. four years of full-time equivalent research experience who has not resided or carried out their main activity (work/studies) in Poland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call announcement (15th March 2016)
• The timeframe for this call is 15 March 2013 to 14 March 2016.
• Proof of your PhD degree should be provided, a copy of the document certifying the award of the PhD degree and its translation into English or Polish, if the language of the original is neither English nor Polish; a scan of this document should be attached to the electronic proposal
• A candidate without a PhD degree should submit documents proving four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
• All canidates shall provide documents proving that between 15 March 2013 & 14 March 2016 they have not stayed or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in Poland.
• The applicant must prepare a list of these documents and attach scans to the electronic proposal.
• Proposals must be submitted in English
Funding: successful candidate will receive:
• Salary (including mobility allowance): € 4 350 gross/month (full time contract)
• Family allowance: € 300 gross/month (for fellows whose families stay in Poland for at least 3 months)
• Research funds: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences -80 000 PLN for 12 month fellowship and 96 000 PLN for 24 months fellowship. The amount is per year.
• Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering -112 000 PLN for 12 month fellowship &160 000 PLN for 24 months fellowship.
• Opportunity to participate in research and non-research training programs organized by the NCN.
|Organization||National Science Centre (NCN)|
|Subject areas||Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Read funding|
|Eligibility||Open for internaional researcher|
|Deadline||15 June 2016|