TWAS offers fellowships to young scientists in developing countries to facilitate them to spend 3 to 12 months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own. The aim of these fellowships is to improve the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the start of their research career, helping them to nurture links for further association.
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training so the applicant must be a young scientist.
- Applicant must at least hold an M.Sc. or equivalent degree.
- Fellowships are provided to young scientists working in any area of natural sciences.
- Applicant must be national of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
- TWAS has not kept any age limit for this fellowship (however, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in Least Developed Countries).
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are ineligible host institutions under this programme.
Duration: 3 months to One year
Fellowship value: international low-cost airfare; subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 30/ month. The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
Following documents are requested:
- application form (duly filled)
- photograph as a separate JPEG file (passport-style)
- copy of personal details page of passport (even if expired)
- applicant’s CV
- complete list of publications
- 2 Recommendation letters submitted separately to TWAS by two referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work.
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Natural sciences|
|Eligibility||Open for all developing countries|
|Deadline||1 October 2019|
For Further Details: Click
- Name of Organisation Field Value