The Nature Conservancy is inviting applications for the NatureNet Science Fellows program, a trans-disciplinary postdoctoral fellowship program aimed at bridging academic excellence and conservation practice to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
The NatureNet Science Fellows program seeks to bring leading early career scientists and engineers from diverse fields into the realm of problem solving at the interface of climate change, technology, and conservation.
This program drives research to tackle the two overarching challenges of climate change:
- Halting climate change and
- Adapting to the change that is already underway.
The program is run in association with a diversity of universities that represent traditional and non-traditional disciplines relevant to conservation science.
This year’s participating universities are:
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Stanford University
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of Minnesota
- University of Pennsylvania
- The University of Queensland – Brisbane
- University of Virginia – Charlottesville
Start date: The Conservancy expects fellow appointments to start between May 1 and September 1, 2019.
- Applicant must have completed PhD within five years before the application close date.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their PhD must clearly indicate on the application the date the degree is expected.
- Salary: $50,000/annum with other benefits; travel budget: $5,000; annual research fund: approximately $20,000
Duration: 2 consecutive years; Second-year renewal of the fellowship is contingent and will be granted upon satisfactory progress and contribution to the collective program.
- Applications to be submitted Online via NatureNet Science Fellows Online Application.
- The application requires the following components:
- Cover letter
- Research proposal (2 pages)
- Describe experience and suitability for the program
- CV or Resume
- 3 letters of recommendation to be submitted through the online application system.
Note: Accepted candidates will be notified by February.
Funds are available for fellows to start on approximately May.
|Organization||The Nature Conservancy|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||$50,000/annum with other allowances|
|Deadline||November (Open in November yearly)|
- Name of Organisation Field Value