ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) invites proposals for New Investigator Grants. New Investigator Grants are dedicated for early career researchers and the scheme is specifically aimed at supporting those looking to make the transition to an independent researcher through managing their first major research project.
- Proposals are welcomed across the full disciplinary range of the social sciences and at the interface with the wider sciences;
- social sciences must represent at least 50 per cent of the research focus and effort
- Grants ranging from £100,000 to £300,000 full Economic Cost (fEC) can be awarded.
- Grants are open to high-quality candidates from all over the world
- Applicant must have a maximum of 04 years’ postdoctoral experience
- Applicant must have the support of an eligible UK research organization.
- Career breaks will be excluded from the 04 year period and periods of part-time academic employment can be
- Applicant must not be current or former principal investigators on ESRC or other Research Council grants, except ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships and Research Councils UK Fellows.
- The call is open to applicants with or without a permanent academic post, subject to the above restrictions.
- The call will operate alongside ESRC’s Research Grants open call and applicant can submit proposals at any time; there are no fixed closing dates.
- The results are announced within 26 weeks of receiving the proposal although
|Organization||ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||£100,000 to £300,000|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|