New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are managed by Universities of New Zealand. The Commonwealth Scholarships are supported by the New Zealand Aid Programme and managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT). The selection process in is managed by Universities.
The following Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply:
- African Commonwealth countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
- Caribbean: Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Asia (other) Bangladesh, India, Malaysia , Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Pacific: Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Master’s Degree; duration: 1 to 2 years
- Doctorate; duration: up to 3.5 years
Basic Eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the commencing the scholarship
- Applicant must belong to the list of eligible countries
- Applicant must be national of the country living in
- Applicant must be living in the country for at least the last 2 years (unless applicant is a member of the diplomatic corps or a dependent of a member of the diplomatic corps)
- One of the following: Verified copy of passport; Verified copy of birth certificate; Verified copy of other official government issued ID
- Copy of Offer of Place from New Zealand institution
- Verified copies of relevant academic transcripts
- Verified copies of relevant completion certificates
- Contact details of most recent employer and two most relevant other employers
- A non-verified copy of an IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) which will be verified by MFAT online using the TRF Verification Service OR an original copy of a TOEFL test result form (whichever is provided it must have been completed in the last 24 months).
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT)
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for Commonwealth countries|
- Name of Organisation Field Value