New Zealand Government Development Scholarships for Developing Countries: New Zealand Government offers scholarships for students starting full-time postgraduate degree program.
Applicants must return home for at least 02 years after your scholarship ends, and apply the skills and knowledge so your home country can benefit from what you’ve learned.
Requirements / Eligibility
- IELTS is the International English Language Testing System.
- TOEFL is the Test of English as a Foreign Language.
- If you are awaiting the result of an IELTS or TOEFL test, you can note this on your scholarship application form.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Have resided in your home country for at least 02 years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship.
- Have atleast 2 years of experience (part time or fulltime, paid or voluntary).
- Immigration requirements fullfillment for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.).
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed program of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country.
- Nationality for New Zealand Development Scholarships are welcomed from the following countries.
A. African Commonwealth countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia,
B. Africa – Non-Commonwealth countries: Algeria, Angola, Dijbouti, Ethiopia, Egypt, Gambia, Senegal, Tunisia, Zimbabwe,
C. Asia: Mongolia,Nepal, Timor-Leste, Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Euador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Caribbean
D. Commonnwealth countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Dominca, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, and Caribbean
E. Non-Commonnwealth countries: Dominican Republic, Haiti, Suriname.
- Scholarships are awarded for study related to Agriculture Development and Renewable Energy (for Africa and Latin America);
- For China: Preference will be given to candidates who apply to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Rural development; Food safety and biosecurity; Tourism and small business development and Agriculture Development;
- For Mongolia and Nepal: Preference will be given to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy, Private Sector Development and Public Sector Management;
- For Timor Leste: Preference areas are Private sector development (business and commerce), Technology, Tourism and hospitality, Agriculture Development (including fisheries and forestry), Governance, peace and justice and Environment and resource management and
- For the Caribbean:Preference will be given to Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy and Disaster Risk Management.
- The entitlements of the Scholarship include full tuition fees.
- A living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Pastoral and academic support at your institution, and assistance with research and thesis costs for most postgraduate research students.
|Organization||New Zealand Government Development Scholarships|
|Fellowship Level||Phd or Masters or Bachelors|
|Eligibility||For developing countries|
More Information about the Scholarships
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 621 Jobs
- Address India