National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) invites applications from suitable candidates for filling up the purely temporary positions in the following projects:
- DBT project entitled: Characterization of ubiquitin/26S proteasome pathway-related genes by VIGS in tomato during ToLCNDV infection. 2 SRF Positions
- DBT project entitled: Introgression of Begomovirus resistance genes in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) using MAS and genomics approach. 01 SRF position
- DST-SERB project entitled: Identification and characterization of novel genes and alleles contributing for resistant starch traits in foxtail millet. 01 RA position
Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
- Applicant must hold M.Sc./M.Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Plant Molecular Biology or any other related field
- Applicant must have at least 2 years research experience (supported by atleast one publication in peer-reviewd international journal with JCR impact factor).
- Applicants having experience in the area of advanced molecular biology and/or plant virology will be preferred.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree (awarded) in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology or any other related field.
- Applicant must hold good academic record and research experience.
- Applicant must at least have 5 publications in peer-reviewed international journals with JCR impact factor.
- Applicants having research experience of working in genomics-assisted breeding will be preferred.
Duration: initially for 01 year or till the tenability of the project (whichever is earlier)
How to apply:
- Applications to be sent as hard copy; duly filled application in the given format with a cover letter.
- The attested copies of the mark-sheets, certificates, and proof of research experience/publications to be attached.
- The envelope should be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of “Research Associate/Senior Research Fellow”, under the supervision of Dr. Manoj Prasad.
|Organization||National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology|
|Fellowship amount||According to government norms|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||January 11, 2017|
For Further Details: Click