NUFFIC Fellowships in Netherlands
Open to: applicants that are working and living in the listed NFP country
The Netherlands organization for international cooperation in higher education (NUFFIC) offers fellowships to international candidates to participate in training courses in The Netherlands. NUFFIC offers StuNed, NFP and MSP (MENA) Fellowships.
Aim: These fellowships seek to develop and strengthen the skills, instincts, & abilities of professionals to enable their organizations and communities to succeed in an ever-changing world. This is initiated and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Conditions / Eligibility
- For NFP Scholarships there is no age limit
- Not employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff development, for example:
- Multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- Large national and/or large commercial organisations,
- Bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida,
- Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- Multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- International NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- Have a passport that will still be valid for at least three months after completion of the training;
- Not received more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- Proficient English language skills: The short courses are taught in English. Therefore, it is important that your English language skills (writing and speaking) are good.
- Work experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience required, working with or for local or regional authorities. It is to your advantage if the work/experience is related to the content of the training.
To be eligible for an MSP Scholarship you must meet the employer, language and work experience criteria mentioned above. Furthermore, you must:
- Be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the following
- MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- Have an official passport that will still be valid at least three months after completion of the training;
- Not be over 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
(only applicable for MSP Scholarships)
- Burkina Faso,
- DR Congo,
- Sri Lanka,
Both scholarships will cover:
- The tuition fee;
- Return flights from an international airport to Amsterdam;
- A small Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA).
You can now apply for NFP and MSP Scholarships for the following four training courses:
- Fiscal Decentralisation and Local Finance
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance;
- Integrity and Anti-corruption ;
- Local Service Delivery.
Please use the application form to apply for a NUFFIC scholarship. More details is on the official website. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.
If you are not eligible for NUFFIC Funding or if you would like to apply for a training course without the scholarship, then please refer to the separate deadline and separate application of each course.
|Organization||Netherlands organization for international cooperation in higher education (NUFFIC)|
|Fellowship Level||All levels|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship||Benefits: tuition fee, accommodation, daily subsistence allowance|
|Eligibility||Open for International students|