Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India invites applications for the OBSCON 2017, SERB Workshop. Experts in the respective areas from premier Institutions and reputed organizations in the country like Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, IITs, National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting, Indian Meteorology Department, Ministry of Earth Science, reputed Universities, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy etc, will contribute to the training program along with the experienced faculty members of Air Force Administrative College.
Theme of the workshop: Observational and Computational Tools for Nowcasting
Duration: 15 – 26 May 2017
Age Limit: must not exceed 40 years
- Applicant must hold Post graduate degree in Physics, Mathematics, Meteorology, Oceanography or allied subjects / M.Tech. (any subject).
- Applicants appeared for final M.Sc./M.Tech examinations and awaiting results are also eligible by forwarding letter from their respective Heads of Departments / institutions.
- Due weightage will be given to PhD students, Postdoc fellows, young lecturers, working meteorologists and other candidates nominated by the operational agencies.
- All the selected candidates will be intimated through e-mail / post about their selection with other necessary details by 10 Apr 17.
- The list of selected candidates will be available on the websites.
Topics included are:
- Weather forecasting and Nowcasting.
- Importance of modern observational techniques in Nowcasting.
- Nowcasting Challenges for aviation with relevant case studies.
- Doppler Weather Radar, Satellite, Lightning Detector and Microwave Radiometer, Upper Air Sounding System products and their utilisation in Nowcasting.
- Numerical Weather Prediction and its utilization in Nowcasting.
- Statistical Methods (MOS / PPM using Logistic /Power Regression, Factor Analysis, Cluster Analysis etc.)
- Lab session on NWP modelling & application Software (McIDAS, RAOBS, SPSS, Digital Atmosphere etc.)
- Field trip to provide first-hand exposure on aviation forecast.
|Organization||Department of Science & Technology (DST)|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 March 2017|
- Total Jobs 24 Jobs
- Address India