Physical Oceanographic Modelling: Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of British Columbia seek applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of numerical modelling of coastal ocean circulation. The successful applicant will carry out research as part of a group studying the dynamics and transport through coastal submarine canyons. The applicant will also associate with a group developing a coupled bio-chemical-physical model for the Salish Sea.
This position is available for 1 year, renewable for a 2nd year and preferred start dates are September-October 2016.
Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD with a strong background in numerical modelling of ocean flows (Oceanographic Modelling)
- Applicants with experience using NEMO will be preferred.
- This position is for 1 year can be renewed for a 2nd
- Salary will depend on educational level and experience; the minimum salary is $47,000/year plus benefits.
How to apply:
- Copies of two relevant publications
- Names, e-mails and phone numbers of 3 referees
- All documents must be sent to Dr. Susan Allen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
UBC employs on the basis of merit and is dedicated to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities are especially welcome. Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Marine Science, Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 July 2016|
For Further Details: Click