The Ocean Frontier Institute (OFI) International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program offers an opportunity for early career PhDs to conduct innovative, full time, collaborative research as Postdoctoral fellow.
About the fellowship:
- The term of the award is two years.
- Successful candidates will be based at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with frequent travel to and from one of our partner institutions in Europe or the United States, providing Fellows with exposure to diverse research approaches.
- These partners are:
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory (Columbia University)
- GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research
- Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
- Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
- Norwegian Institute of Marine Research
- Marine Institute of Ireland
- Applicants are expected to be highly qualified, early career researchers who have completed their PhDs within the past four years
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in a doctoral program may apply; however, they must complete all the requirements of their PhD (including course work, thesis defense, and the final submission of thesis) before beginning the OFI International Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Researchers currently participating in the OFI International Postdoctoral Fellowship, or individuals who have participated in the program within the past two years, are not eligible to re-apply
- $55,000 CAD/year in salary and up to $15,000 CAD/year
- An additional $5,000 CAD/year covers health and mandatory benefits.
- Completed applications must be received by firstname.lastname@example.org including
- CV including educational background, work experiences and publication record.
- A copy of university transcripts from PhD program.
- Letters from each of proposed supervisors detailing their support for the application and proposed research project. The letters should indicate the collaborative nature of the research project, the planned benefits, and the academic support that will be offered (for example, technical assistance, office/laboratory space).
- Letters of recommendation from two people who can assess the candidate’s research. Recommendation letters should be submitted to OFI in a separate email sent to email@example.com. Please indicate in the email subject line: OFI PDF Application Reference for Last Name, First Name.
|Organization||Ocean Frontier Institute|
|Subject areas||Marine Science|
|Fellowship amount||$55,000 CAD/year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 29, 2020|