Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development offers the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program. The program provides funding to students in graduate studies at the master’s and PhD levels. It’s a merit-based scholarship, with awards available to graduate students attending participating schools in Ontario in all disciplines of academic study.
About the program:
- OGS program is conjointly funded by the Province of Ontario and the university awarding the scholarship.
- Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third.
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive terms of study
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive terms of study
- One term study periods are not eligible for OGS consideration.
Duration of awards:
- Each award is issued for a minimum of one academic year (2 consecutive academic terms) and a maximum of two years (6 consecutive academic terms).
- Master’s students: can receive OGS awards for a maximum of 2 academic years
- Doctoral students: can receive OGS awards for a maximum of 4 academic years
- All students are subject to a lifetime maximum of six academic years per student.
Applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for this scholarship:
- Applicant must be in graduate studies in the master’s or PhD level
- Applicant must be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms (21 to 52 weeks in total) for the academic him /her submitting the application.
- Applicant must be attending a participating Ontario school
Participating Ontario Schools:
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- OCAD University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
How to Apply
- OGS applications are normally available in October.
- Each participating school has its own unique OGS application.
- For applying to more than one graduate program at different schools, applicant must complete an OGS application for each of the schools you are planning to attend.
Application, document and review details for this scholarship vary by school.
|Organization||Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|