The Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) program is an important initiative to attract more of the best qualified international students to Ontario for Doctoral studies. Prospective students who are interested in holding an OTS at UOIT must apply for admission into a graduate program by February 1, 2018.
Scholarship Value: $40,000 per year; renewable for up to a total of 4 years subject to academic performance and availability of funding. Renewal beyond the first year requires a minimum GPA of A‐minus in all completed courses.
Number of Scholarships: 2 new scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Applicant must be an international student who has received a temporary resident visa as a member of the student class under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) on the first day of class.
- Applicant must meet English language proficiency requirements at the time of application.
- Applicant must be intended to pursue full-time graduate studies at an eligible Ontario university at the PhD level.
- Applicant must not have simultaneously accepted a scholarship or fellowship from any other source like SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR or be receiving an Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) or Ontario Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (OGSST) award.
- Applicant must maintain satisfactory research progress for the duration of this award.
How to apply:
- Applicants must submit a complete UOIT application with supporting documentation to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Personal information
- Proposed, current and previous studies
- Significance of research to chosen discipline
- List of significant academic accomplishments; Bachelor’s/Master’s degree transcript(s)
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- OTS letter of support from proposed supervisor
|Organization||University of Ontario Institute of Technology|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||$40,000 per year|
|Eligibility||Open to International applicants|