The Engineering Design and Computing Laboratory at ETH Zurich has multiple, fully-funded PhD positions to work on cutting-edge research projects.
Specific PhD research topics include:
- 4D printing and related design methods and computational design methods
- Advanced design automation and optimization methods
- Development engineering, i.e. the design of technical products for the developing world.
About the positions:
- The PhD positions are fully funded with a competitive salary. (Only a small tuition fee is required at ETH.)
- The selected candidates will be part of a highly motivated, international team at one of the best universities in Europe.
- Besides working in the growing, ambitious team he/she will also have the chance to collaborate with students, other labs and industrial partners. \
- This is an international team so English is the main working language.
- Knowledge of German is an advantage but not a must. We especially encourage women to apply.
- The starting date is September 1, 2020.
- Applications are open for excellent applicants with a Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science or a related area of study, who are motivated to carry out internationally leading research.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following topics is an advantage: engineering design, computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided engineering (CAE), especially FEM, computational structural mechanics, mechatronic design, computational design, computational optimization, additive manufacturing, applied computing and applied artificial intelligence.
Apply online application including:
- A CV
- University transcripts for both the Bachelor and Master degree
- 02 references
- Scientific publications are an advantage and a maximum of three should also be included if available
Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|