The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR) invites applications for Open Post-Doctoral Fellowships. The applications are open twice a year.
- Low Frequency Radio Astronomy
- Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT)
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Software development
- Solar Physics
- monthly salary of Postdoc positions at NCRA-TIFR depend on experience after the PhD degree
- For candidates who join after submitting their PhD thesis (but without receiving PhD degree): INR 32,000/month.
- For candidates who have received their PhD degrees: INR 36,000 to INR 40,000 per month.
- Contingency grant: INR 32,000/year
- Travel grant: INR 2,00,000 over the course of the fellowship (to travel for international conferences or for research collaborations).
- On-campus housing (subject to availability), or HRA and medical coverage
Duration: maximum of 3 years with possibility of extension (subject to a yearly review).
- Postdoc Fellows are expected to carry out a vigorous independent research programme
- Applicants with backgrounds in radio astronomy, as well as other fields including theory, algorithm research, and observations in other wavebands are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants having research interests with radio astronomical studies or engineering activities, or which require a close engagement with the GMRT or the ORT are encouraged to apply.
Applications must contain the following:
- Research plan
- 3 or more references with the names and e-mail addresses to be sent to the Dean, NCRA-TIFR Faculty, at the e-mail address email@example.com
- Applicants should also request their referees to send in recommendation letters
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR)
Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation, Software development, Solar Physics
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||April 30 and October 31 (Yearly)|
For Further Details: Click