A Postdoc researcher position in Organic Chemistry at the Faculty of Science, Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences
Group: The Synthetic Organic Chemistry group, Sustainable Chemistry research team.
Supervisor: Dr. M. Ángeles (Tati) Fernández-Ibáñez
Project description: Sustainable synthesis of biaryl compounds via aerobic cross-dehydrogenative coupling.
Its a joint project of University of Amsterdam (UvA) and DSM funded by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research under LIFT program.
Tasks and Aim:
- Synthesize a variety of biaryl compounds using 2 simple arenes as starting materials via aerobic cross-dehydrogenative coupling.
- Development of new catal-ytic systems capable of promoting aerobic CDC reactions for implementation in the chemical industry.
- To achieve high regio- and chemoselectivity as well as turnover number (TON)
- PhD degree in Chemistry.
- Excellent lab skills
- Background in organic synthesis are essential.
- Skills and experience in catalysis and organometallic chemistry
- M. Ángeles (Tati) Fernández Ibáñez
Please quote vacancy number 16-245 and the position you are applying for in the subject-line.
Applications must contain:
- a curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications,
- a motivation letter (why did you choose to apply for this position),
- names and contact details of two academic referees.
- All these should be grouped in a single PDF attachment (not zipped).
Due to funding constraints the university is only seeking candidates that are residing in Europe.
|Organization||Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences|
|Subject areas||Organic Chemistry|
|Salary||€3,044 to €3,977 gross per month|
|Eligibility||PhD in chemistry|
|Deadline||15 June 2016|