Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invite applications for Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship. The fellowship will support doctoral candidates to undertake research training during the research in overseas countries on a competitive mode is sought from eligible researchers.
Call Open: Call for Applications will open from 05th April 2021 till 01st June 2021.
- To build national capacity in frontier areas of Science and Engineering, which are of interest to India by providing research training to Ph.D. students admitted in the Indian institutions in overseas universities/institutions of repute.
- To provide the opportunity to performing Indian research students to gain exposure and access to top-class research facilities in academia and labs across the world.
- To create opportunities to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations with accomplished scientists and technologists from around the world.
- To tap the expertise gained by these young scientists to strengthen/initiate national programs in their domain knowledge.
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- The applicant must have registered for a full-time Ph.D. Degree in any of the recognized Institutions / Universities in India in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (including Medicine, Pharma, Agriculture, and related S&T areas) disciplines.
- Applicant must have received an offer letter from a reputed overseas institution to carry out research for a specified duration. The host supervisor should provide an official confirmation that they will host the student detailing the period of stay and other requirements.
Modes of application:
Applications are invited from Ph.D. students in two modes-
- Indian Ph.D. supervisors who had made research collaboration with foreign counterparts in their individual capacity.
- Indian/Overseas Institutions who had signed an Agreement / MoU with SERB for student mobility.
Universities with SERB MoU:
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA. Contact Person: Mrs. Heidi Arola (email@example.com), Managing Director for Global Partnerships.
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. Contact Person: Mr. Dan Fredrick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Manager, Sponsored Student Program
- monthly fellowship: equivalent to the US $ 2000
- one-time Contingency / Preparatory allowances: Rs. 60,000/-
- shortest route economy class airfare from their place of work in India to the place of the host institute and back
- One additional to and fro travel cost would also be provided to the fellow if the period of stay is one year or more
Duration: upto 1 year; may be extended for 6 more months. NO extension is possible beyond 18 months.
How to apply:
- Apply online with the following documents:
- Copy of the Ph.D. registration certificate
- Bio-data of the Indian Supervisor (Including Academic & Research Qualifications, Publications list, Patent list, Details of research projects being implemented/ completed/ submitted, if any)
- Bio-data of Overseas Host Scientist (Including Academic & Research Qualifications, Publications list, Patent list, Details of research projects being implemented/ completed/ submitted, if any)
- Certificate from the applicant
- Endorsement letter from the head of the Indian institution
- Letter of acceptance of research plan by the Host Scientist and Indian Supervisor
- Letter of acceptance from Overseas Host Institution
- Recommendation letter from the Indian supervisor along with undertaking
|Organization||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Subject areas||Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Medicine, Pharma, Agriculture|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||Call for Applications will open from 05th April 2021 till 01st June 2021.|
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 25 Jobs
- Address India