The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) programme offers a 2-year position combining post M.Sc. education and a design project to be carried out at the University of Twente. The educational programme will have an in-depth and broadening character with ample attention for professional development. The design project will be part of the Urban Mobility Observatory (UMO) project that will combine and integrate state-of-the-art techniques in data collection, data storage and data processing for applications within the mobility domain.
About the project:
Aim: “Collect, store, anonymize, process and integrate Wi-Fi data with other mobility data sources for designing improved transport services”
- Store Wi-Fi data in an open access environment after ensuring its anonymization and the compliance to GDPR regulations
- Design of new mobility plans based on the integration of multi-sensor data
- Applicant must be an MSc graduate with a strong affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments.
- Applicant must have the ambition and talent to accelerate in finding solutions / crafting designs for complex technological problems with a multidisciplinary character. Important professional skills are
- Communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork, initiative and self-reflection;
- Prior knowledge in computer science, scheduling, and transport planning are useful for you to successfully complete the project.
Apply online with the following:
- List with grades of courses attended
- List of publications
|Organization||University of Twente|
|Subject areas||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 1st, 2020|