DST-NRF Professional Development Program (PDP Program): The Department of Science and Technology (DST) alongwith the National Research Foundation (NRF) are pleased to announce the DST-NRF Professional Development Program (PDP) block grant for 2016.
Eligibility criteria for PhD or Postdoc supervisors
- Should be listed as a supervisor within the block grant application.
- Candidate must hold a part-time or honorary academical position at a South African public university or institution.
- Candidate should hold permanent position as a researcher (or equivalent) at the host institution or may hold a contract position (researcher) for the duration of the Block Grant.
- Applicants are expected to have a PhD degree and an experience in postgraduate supervision.
Eligibility conditions for PDP Doctoral students and Postdoc
The candidate should hold master’s degree
- Master’s degree should not be obtained more than five years at the time of grant application.
- Flexibility will be given to female applicants who are applying after a certain period of break.
- For a PDP Postdoc Fellow, the candidate should hold a doctoral degree
- Degree should not be more than 5 years old.
Further Information: Any quarries regarding the requirements or application procedure, please contact below:
Mr Sello Raseruthe
Project Leader – Human and Infrastructure Capacity Development (HICD)
Mr Mduduzi Tshabangu
Professional Officer – Human and Infrastructure Capacity Development (HICD)
Mrs Melissa Govender
Professional Officer – Grants Management and Systems Administration (GMSA)
|Organization||1. Department of Science and Technology (DST)
2. National Research Foundation (NRF)
|Level||PhD, Post Doc|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology; Pharmacy, Energy and Climate Change; Human and Social Dynamics,|
|Salary||As per Norms (R180 000 – R350 000 p.a depending on the applicant)|
|Eligibility||Open to South African citizens or permanent residents.|
The Lead Applicants from the host institution must apply through the NRF Online application system
Weblink – https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za
More Information: Click