Perimeter Scholars International is a one-year master’s-level course in theoretical physics meant to bring highly talented and exceptionally motivated graduate students to the cutting edge of the field in an intense, interactive training environment.
Number of places: up to 30 students are selected each year
Nationality: program is open to adventurous and exceptional students from countries around the world.
Starting date: mid-August; 10 months;
Benefits: successful graduates of PSI will receive both a Master of Science in Physics from the University of Waterloo and a Perimeter Scholars International Certificate from Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
Scholarship value: full financial support is provided; UW will provide tuition scholarships and Perimeter Institute will provide awards intended to cover expenses related to travel, housing, food, textbooks and reference material, student services fees, and incidental stipends as assessed by PI and $30,000.
- Applicant must be exceptional, enthusiastic, interactive students
- Applicant must have obtained an undergraduate degree in physics and/or math with a minimum of three undergraduate or graduate courses in physics beyond Introductory Physics.
- potential as researchers in theoretical physics and
- on academic achievement
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (max 1 page)
- Grade transcripts
- 3 Letters of Reference (each letter must be on letterhead and signed by the referee)
- TOEFL/IELTS score (required for international students)
- GRE score (if written)
- List of publications (if applicable)
|Organization||Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics|
|Subject areas||Theoretical Physics, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|