SOLEIL is the France’s national synchrotron facility, located on the near Paris. It is a multi-disciplinary instrument and a research lab, whose mission is to run research programs using synchrotron radiation, to develop state-of-the-art instrumentation on the beamlines, and to make those available to the scientific community. SOLEIL, a unique tool for both academic research and industrial applications across a wide range of disciplines including physics, biology, chemistry etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Applicant must hold Doctorate in a relevant field, with postdoctoral or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills.
- Applicant must have experience in the area of spectroscopy; expertise in FTIR, solid-state physics, high-pressure DAC studies, atomic force microscopy, or statistical data processing.
- Applicant having additional experience in instrumentation development and software control of equipment would be an advantage.
- Applicant must have excellent time management skills and the capability to communicate and interact with staff, collaborating partners and facility users at all levels.
- Applicant must have a good command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of French, the working language at SOLEIL, would be highly appreciated, although lessons will be offered to non-native French speakers.
- Salary: based on the SOLEIL salary scale, and determined according to the applicant’s professional background, qualifications and degrees held.
- Place of work: Synchrotron SOLEIL,
- Location: Paris suburbs (Saint-Aubin)
Applications must include:
- Letter of motivation
- 2 references with addresses.
- Apply online
Tél: 33 (0)22.214.171.124.35
Note: Position opens in 1 January 2017
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
For Further Details: Click